• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Diff Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegronholz

NAXJA Forum User
Saw 'em in the Quadratech catalog...looked nice. Thought about gettin 'em, but then realized the only protection my diffs need is from the speedbumps at the mall...

I haven't seen the ARB's in person. I can't imagine that they could be any beefier than a Ruff Stuff cover though.:)

OK4WD had the best rice I could find and stock. They were $150\ea. I have held a SOLID cover (same as most other covers) and was ok with it. ARB had the extra goodies ... granted they don't do alot for you while you're driving.

mikegronholz said:
OK4WD had the best rice I could find and stock. They were $150\ea. I have held a SOLID cover (same as most other covers) and was ok with it. ARB had the extra goodies ... granted they don't do alot for you while you're driving.

Why waste money on an ARB when you can get a beefier, cheaper one from RuffStuff.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com....html?osCsid=17a474f4faa148a7f2100f2fe26a77bb

$115 for the 8.25 cover and $100 for the D30 versus $150 for the ARB, as you state, and it is 3/8" thick, thicker than the ARB. Plus, if you can weld, you can pick them up for like $80 each

Typical ... I was making product info available, and true to form, "there's better", "there's cheaper". I search for awhile to pick a diff cover. I didn't like Ruff Stuff's, I didn't like different ones as well.

I LIKE ARB'S.

This is an informational post ... not a product comparison ... if you don't have a comment about the ARB, go start a post about how much better x is than ARB.

And to answer your question, I bought it because I wanted them. It isn't wasting money in my mind. I haven't cut a single corner building my Jeep ... my Jeep, my money, my choice. I was making info available ... last time I do that.

Woooo Nelly...

I have an ARB dif cover on the front. It's nice having a dip stick to check the oil level, and the recessed bolts are well protected. The drain plug makes oil changes easy, no mess like unbolting cover and letting fluid out as u pry it off. Filling is also much easier with a hole that is horizontal to the ground.

You do get what you pay for... and I'm sure these are a little blingy for most of us here on NAXJA.

Quit being so sensitive people. If you ask a question, your going to get all kinds of answers. Let's not make this fine board another JU. I really am surprised after being absent for a few years for the most part), how much bashing is going on. Especially with the new folks asking questions. Can we refer them to a FAQ or the search button... sure.... but most of us get so excited when we start building our first rig, we just want to see our writing of Q and A in print.

This is the best board for the XJ. I've been hangin' out over on IH8MUD board a lot the last few years, and I think they've got a great board for the Land Cruiser. That board should be a good example of how a FAQ section should be set-up. It also has pics of rigs, for rig of the week in it's archives. Let's keep this forum the best for our beloved XJ's.

Last edited:
Thanks for your post. Actually they may be just what I'm looking for. I checked out r stuff and all the others and didn't buy yet. I'm not worried about the drain because I like to pull the cover and douche with brake clean. I dont like leaving anything in the bottom of the case. Clean is clean. The drain plug wont get it as clean as I want it. NOW the dipstick is the part I want. With the rearend tipped up because of my lift, I like to run the oil level higher than normal. Your post has accomplished exactly what you intended it to do. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back