• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken mirror. Sticky stuff for temporary fix?

AZCA jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
So the pasangers side mirror on my '87 finally broke. I knew it was bound to happen, as it is OEM; been through 20 years of Arizona summers. Now I need something sticky that will keep it in place until I buy a new one. After all, I don't want it to hang down and make me look ghetto!!;) I was thinking about some 3M tape, but I don't know which kind. The actual tape, or the double sided foam stuff. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Pricey, but Gorilla Tape will temp those bastards in place like a champ. guess how I know. just be sure to keep the sticky stuff on the plastic bits that will prolly go away, and not the paint.

Aren't the mirror's bolted on through the door though? If you're looking for something sticky try the gorilla tape or a little bit of epoxy.

fast cure windsheild urethane, a forever fix

I never thought about windshield urethane!! I'm thinking I might go with the tape though, as I want to be able to get the mirror off when I get a new one!!:laugh:

Thanks everyone

Back