• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Recliner question.

phreaker76

NAXJA Forum User
OK heres a question.. I just installed power WJ seats in my 93 xj. I switched over to xj manual seat brackets. These particular wj seats didn't have the manual back adjustment. Does anyone know how I can swap over to manual or at least jimmy the seats to a better position for my back? I got such a good deal on these seats I didn't even pay any attention to the lack of a manual back recliner. :nono:

phreaker76 said:
OK heres a question.. I just installed power WJ seats in my 93 xj. I switched over to xj manual seat brackets. These particular wj seats didn't have the manual back adjustment. Does anyone know how I can swap over to manual or at least jimmy the seats to a better position for my back? I got such a good deal on these seats I didn't even pay any attention to the lack of a manual back recliner. :nono:
You'll need to peel the covers off far enough to get to the bolts that hold the recliner mechanism on and find the manual recliners from a WJ (or maybe ZJ or late XJ) and bolt them on.

phreaker76 said:
Well that doesn't sound to hard. Thanks
Yeah, the process itself isn't hard at all, it's just finding the manual recliners that's a little trickier.

Could you run a couple of wires from the battery to the seats so that you have power to them? Adjust them and then remove the wire.

John

FreemansXJ said:
Could you run a couple of wires from the battery to the seats so that you have power to them? Adjust them and then remove the wire.

John

or keep them there perminatly and have auto adjusting seats?

-Kyle

I just did this to my jeep I am eventually going to do full power, but for now I wanted the back to recline with power. What year of Jeep do you have? 97+ (mine is a 2000) has wiring for the seats under the pasenger seat under the carpet on the channel peice. I wired my seat connector to that and put a fuse in the spot for the seats in the pannel and walla power to the seat. The motor for the recline is the only one there so that is the only button that works. Now when I plug in the other motors when I finish my power brackets all of the options should work.

My jeep is a 93 so no wiring for me.. but I'm thinking i'll try to just run a wire to the recline. I don't really mind not having full power.

Back