• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what are your plans for this summers high fuel prices?

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
They are predicting approx $1.50 canadian per liter here this summer, Do you plan on changing driving habits for the increased fuel costs?

My only changes will be to try and use the wifes corolla a little more , but it will in no way affect my recreation time with my beast.

Eh, maybe fix my moms old fiat and drive that around, but just get my friends that ride with me to chip in on gas like they usually do when we wheel.

-Alex

Lol.. my daily driver is a KIA, I get 30~35, so It will be a little impact. Although, the camping and wheeling will be a little more expensive..

I did read a review in petersons or 4x4 mag about that IL 6 Bolt on Turbo Charger improving fuel ecomony.. Maybe use that as an excuse..

I don't drive very much to begin with - and my wife drives a 2005 Verona (~28mpg overall. 2.5L I6, jammed in sidewise, but still driven by a chain!)

Maybe plan a trip to SA again - or Venezuela, to renegotiate oil prices. This is getting stupid... Where'd I put my passport?

wingnutooa said:
2 wheels are sometimes better than 4 :)

I know - but every time I think about getting a commuter bike (I'd really like one of those Diesel bikes!) I think about how people drive out here. Then, my mind starts working in the other direction. Know where I can score an M2 Bradley on the surplus market?

What am I gonna do? I'm gonna keep bitching about fuel prices, keep fueling up my truck and all my toys, and continue to enjoy my hobbies which are ALL motorsports related.

John

I forgot, I will be insuring my new ktm450 for short in town and nice day to and from work trips

I'm gonna get one of these
diesel_dyno_3.jpg

:spin1:

I'm gonna start siphoning from all your guys' tanks! haha

Seriously though, not even gas prices are gonna stop me from rally season!

For the record, I paid $4/gal down here in the desert in SoCal during Tierra Del Sol, spendy!

Avanteone said:
What am I gonna do? I'm gonna keep bitching about fuel prices, keep fueling up my truck and all my toys, and continue to enjoy my hobbies which are ALL motorsports related.

John

x3 thats why God made credit cards.......right ? ;)

Avanteone said:

John
Thats my vote too.
-Ryan

Avanteone said:

John

X eleventy billion. And I'm currently looking for a duraturd so that's around $4.00 a gallon for diesel right now. So what, When I was stationed in Italy 7 years ago 85 octane gas was $0.99 a litre.

7 years ago here gas was only $1.40
what the poop is bush doing????

my buddy used to drive his 1981 chev 350 long bed every where now it just sits and he drives a car....he's mad every day he gos to work

Avanteone said:

John
X5 !!! And I might even replace my leaking lift pump in my PSD----:D

Just set up my Summer plans due to Gas and other changes of life...

Get rid of the BMW.

Sell the Bike. Have not rode enough in the last two years to warrant holding on to it.

Park the Jeep. NWFest is out. Wife would be 8 months pregnant, and it would be great for Josh and I to get out alone. But, don't think I want to spend that gas cash. We shall see.

Purchase a 2008 Chev Aveo. Cuts my insurance rates and my Gas in over half. More than makes up for the Car Payment.

I'm going to finally rebuild my CBR (had a little boo boo last August)and use that as much as i can.

Back