• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackle and degree shim

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Alright I got a full HD OME spring pack for the rear of my jeep on there now.

I am going to be buying the RK shackle for 1.5 more lift.

I got a sye and cv shaft already on there and will be needing to shim the rear most likely.

What shim should I be looking to get? the degree amount?

I know your supposed to put it all in then measure but Im putting dpg bumpstop plates in too so id rather do it all at once!

anyone ever run into this combo and remember what they used?

thanks!

Mtb Jak said:
Alright I got a full HD OME spring pack for the rear of my jeep on there now.

I am going to be buying the RK shackle for 1.5 more lift.

I got a sye and cv shaft already on there and will be needing to shim the rear most likely.

What shim should I be looking to get? the degree amount?

I know your supposed to put it all in then measure but Im putting dpg bumpstop plates in too so id rather do it all at once!

anyone ever run into this combo and remember what they used?

thanks!

I'm running an OME spring with a 2inch lift shackle and mine lines up almost perfect. I would putting everything together then figure out what you need.

Each person is going to be slightly different depending on how much true lift they got, how much weight is in the back, etc.

Put it all together, and then use an angle finder to figure out exactly what you need.

angle finders are 8$ for the magnetic ones at home depot, and they come in handy around the garage anyway. every individual setup is different, but if you want a lousy guess id guess 3* or 4* shims at around 4" of lift, but thats without shackles. longer shackles bump the pinion angle a little more outta whack. another guess with the 2" shackles and 3" packs id guess towards 6"

Back