• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil pan removal

Sand-Dog

NAXJA Forum User
Oil pan is stuck like glue to the block. I know this has probably been covered about 675 times,but I can't seem to find the threads under "oil pan", "oil pan removal", "oil pan gasket" or anything similar in the search function. Can someone lead me to the thread or just tell me the technique to dislodge the oil pan without bending the flange with a screwdriver?

Putty knife to scratch away the stock glue, and to break the seal. I've heard recommendations to use a block of wood along the side and a whack with a hammer to dislodge that, but I was leery of doing that when I did my Rear Main Seal. Along those lines, search for 'rear main seal' and/or RMS within the past 2-3 weeks; I'm pretty sure it was covered.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Glad you found it - you replaced the oil pump pickup while you were in there, right? Forgot to mention that earlier...

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back