• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting rid of rhinoliner?

XJ98Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I rhinolined the inside and outside of my Jeep, but now I want to go longarm. Can I either weld through the rhinolining, or is there some way to remove it? I know they make bolt-on kits, but I also want to add frame stiffeners, and other stuff that requires welding.

or grind it off

angle grinder with a 60 grit sand paper disk, dont get to excited or you wont have much metal to wel afterwards :)

good point, i have just had a few bad moments with wire wheels.

i love the aircraft paint remover.. but isn't he rhino liner chemical resistant.i have used the aircraft remover on cheaper bed liners and it worked great. might be worth trying.

Last edited:
I worked doing rhino liners for about 2.5 years and never remember us attempting to use any paint remover to get rhino off. Our way was to just heat up the metal and try and peal it off or grind it with a poly wire wheel or metal wire wheel but be sure to have a face shield and a resperator.

Back