• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks w/BPE's

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have BPE's all around and stock length shocks with 3.5" full pack/coil lift. When I did the lift and the BPE's I had to cut the BP (bar pin) push it out, which tears up the bushing, so I replaced the bushings, all is well. Now I want to buy new shocks but I don't want to mess with the bar pins.

So, every parts place in town scratches their head and says "all" the shocks that fit that vehicle are the same, they all have the bar pin. I know I can just measure and buy shocks to fit without the bar pin but what do I tell the parts guys OR what shocks do I order online without the bar pin.

Because you have the BPE's you can just tell them that you need shocks for a *" lift. Meaning you can use normal shocks off the shelf, for the most part. If you tell them it's an XJ, they will try to sell you the normal ones that have the bar pin. Go to a 4X4 store, they'll understand more than a novelty parts store, like Schucks and AutoZone.

Back