• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P1495 Code Issue

BBeach

NAXJA Forum User
Searched a little bit. Sent a few pm's and got half my problem done (P0443). I changed the #10 15amp mini fuse and got that taken care of. However, I'm still getting a P1495 code on startup. Any ideas?

have you cleared the code?

if not you need to clear the code and if it doesnt come back on you have fixed the problem.

-Kyle

P1495 Leak Detection Pump Solenoid Circuit , it is probably something with the evap system. check your vacuum lines running to the canister and tighten your gas cap. There is also a purge solenoid that could be the problem. Google it up

wolfpackjeeper said:
P1495 Leak Detection Pump Solenoid Circuit , it is probably something with the evap system. check your vacuum lines running to the canister and tighten your gas cap. There is also a purge solenoid that could be the problem. Google it up
Thats what i figured when i read up on them last night. Where's this canister located though? I've seen them on wranglers but not on my cherokee, i think its the on passenger side above the heater core. Where's this purge solenoid? I checked the gas cap a couple times and its fine. Apparently my parents had a problem years ago with it.

EDIT: I talked to someone from the local porter/chester and he said they could check out the 1psi system for leaks for free so hopefully this works.

the purge canister on my 91's are on the Passenger side firewall next to the engine. I will have to look at my buddies 97 to know if it is the same. the little rubber vacuum connectors dry rot, and the plastic lines break over time, you may just need to replace them.

Say if i was to remove my air conditioning drier bottle and leaving the AC low pressure switch not connected to anything. Could that be a possbility?

Back