• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lossing the ABS-BS

Triple4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1992 Jeep Larado and I want to take the ABS out of. The reason for is I have the C-Clip 35 in it now and I have a Cherokee Dana 44 sitting around not doing anything, plus I hate the ABS.
I was wondering what all I would have to change out. I know the booster would have to go, but what about the line would they work coming off that booster to a regular booster?
Thanks,
Holden

I'm not sure but is it the Bendix electric pump boost junk w/no real vacuum booster? My buddy has 91 with it but not sure 92 has it. Do some research on the Bendix crap and it will scare you! Anyhow, If so I did it to my 90 XJ. I just removed all the bendix crap and got a real booster and MC from a 97 with abs. On the newer abs systems the abs junk is separate. There is just an abs unit after the preporsioning valve. I only took the booster mc and valve from the JY. Installed it as is but had to drill a different hole in my brake pedal for the rod to line up and cut, bent and reflared a couple brake lines to line up with the valve. Left the wires hanging, pulled the control box out from under the back seat and eventually pull the abs light out of the dash and used it to replace a blown one (bonus) NO ABS but the brakes work awesome and ABS SUCKS!

$75 for booster and mc/reservior
Less than $20 for flare fittings and brake fluid
$00 for rented flare tool

Having dependable brakes............................Priceless.

Just search bendix removal on here or google there are a few people out there that did writeups. One tip though, get the 96^ boost cause its dual diaphram. Supposedly its stronger. Or you could go all out and put a 1 ton setup if you running huge tires. That has been done too. Good luck, feel free to asked if you have any ?s .

Last edited:
Back