• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beefing up axles

ksmithers88

NAXJA Forum User
I'm a novice at best as far as axle knowledge goes, and I'm gonna be adding some 35" meats to my xj soon, so I'm gonna need to build up my axles. I got the d30 up front, with the 8.25 out back. How would I go about doing this? I've searched the internet for parts but the only things that come up seem to be complete axles, and gears/lockers. How much does it cost to beef up your axles and what do you do to make them stronger, exactly? I'm assuming strengthening the shafts... Help me out fellas

Last edited:
Bumps not allowed!!Chill out for a couple months and just follow the pages,A lot of wealth on here!

MufflerBearing said:
maybe post the type of lift you run, what you will be doing with it, rocks, sand, mud, mall crawlin, ??? tell about the jeep so you can get correct anwsers

Chris

Ordered the Clayton 8" Long Arm, mostly usin for mud, sand, dirt hills and such, no rocks

Back