• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid question looking for a dumb answer

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
So why is my 94's stock height lower than the newer body style stock Cherokee's? We have 2 like mine here and 4 newer one's there all older then 97' they are significantly higher than mine and the 93's and the 95's height and they are all stock. So why is this? I measured from the bottom of my flare to the center of the hup and got 17" exact both front and read so what gives?

Zuki-Ron said:
Sagged out springs and stock sized tires?

Sagged out possibly, tires are a little larger but they are 100% stock, is that all i need to be there height? I wanna lift mine but i'm trying to do something very hard for me, wait till i everything all at once cause if i do a little at a time like a BB then tires it will never go higher so i want everything altogether.

It could just be the tire size. Even stock they are not all the same. I think they came stock with anything from 215's to 235's. The size of the rear axle tube can also be considered, but is a very minimal diffrence (less than .5 inch).

94XJ2door5speed said:
So why is my 94's stock height lower than the newer body style stock Cherokee's? We have 2 like mine here and 4 newer one's there all older then 97' they are significantly higher than mine and the 93's and the 95's height and they are all stock. So why is this? I measured from the bottom of my flare to the center of the hup and got 17" exact both front and read so what gives?

are you sure its not just the way you are looking at it?

both pre 97 and post 97 rear height = 17"

So you could be looking at it funny or have different tire sizes.

-Kyle

Ok i'm guessing tires then these are junk that i got when i bought it. There walmart special no names they just say steel belted radial and ar 215/75/R-15

Back