• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5" Lift Kit - Who has this?

I have it on a 99 the kit is great rides great i just need to go bigger.
The only thing I will say if you think you might want to go bigger just do it from the start much cheaper in the long run.also I had to a SYE with this kit.

ebyrd10000 said:
The only thing I will say if you think you might want to go bigger just do it from the start much cheaper in the long run.also I had to a SYE with this kit.

I think I will be happy with 4.5" for now for a while. I have a 3" now and it has to go.....how much did the SYE set you back and what model is it? We have a local guy that can do the driveshaft for about $150.....

ebyrd10000 said:

Do you have any pics by the way??????

I'm practically running the RE 4.5" kit. Except I used TnTs boomerang shackle and a 1.75 spacer on top of my 3.5" coils. Its a great kit and works well the only real downfall of it is the rough ride you get because of the short arms. Many people will tell you to upgrade the track bar to but other then that it is one of the best 4.5" kits out there. With trimming and bumpstopping its great for 33" to 35" tire.

I got the 5.5" short arm a few years ago but with the 4.5" springs. I though I didn't want that much lift.
Now I wish I would have done the 5.5"...
Just do it...5.5"

btw- it rides great!

I've got the 4.5 re kit in mine, with 33's very happy with it

here's a pic for ya
DSC_0019.jpg

98XJeep said:
hey 92xjdean where in MO. are you? I'm in st.joseph

Hey, I am in Park Hills MO. 7 miles north of Farmington. You are about 350 miles north west of me........seems like another state away!

norcalchris said:
rides and flexes great. but i recomend going to long arms the first time, and not have to do it later

I'm not too up to speed on my lift kits for these things.....long arms, I mean I know what the lift kit pieces are (I'm 41 years old by the way, so I have been around cars and jeeps for a while) but where do the long arms attach to underneath?

92xjdean said:
Thanks for the pics and the info.....everyone has me leaning towards the 5.5" now!

If I were to do it again I would have mixed the 5.5 lift with the 4.5 springs and 3.5 leafs. that way I would have the HD track bar and the drop brackets. Mine is sitting on 33's BTW with some trimming from and rear. even with 5.5 i would imagine there would still have to be a little trimming.

the 4.5 kit sits low up front, even after settling and you will need to throw in a .75 spacer to level it out.

Back