• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

death wobble after 100kms

93xjpos

NAXJA Forum User
my xj works fine and seems tight in the front the front but once i hit 100 kms an hour it starts to shake. anyone know what i should check putting a lift on it in a couple weeks and wanna get this fixed first.

the shocks seem to be good but they will be changed when i put the lift on it. the tires have weights on them so i'm guessing the girl i got the jeep from had them balenced. i will check the track bar but on my other xj when the track bar was bad it made a snapping noise.

my xj had a death wobble once I hit a bump after 55mph, turns out that my front alignment was out on one wheel and once it started bouncing the tire was trying to skip sideways. My advise, get your alignment checked and your wheels rebalanced. the alignment will find out if anything is wrong in your front end.

check the mount for the stabilizers, mine tore off the unibody, good luck welding it, tried but your best bet if this is the case is build a new one out of thicker steel and bolt it. also alignment is a major cause check the toe in and out.

93 4.0 8.5" rustys lift 4.56 GEARS POWERTRAC REAR

planned on getting an alignment once the lift was in so mayby i will wait put the lift and other tires on take it and get the alignment and wheels balenced. the winter tires will be coming off soon anyway

death wobble feels like your xj is out of control breaking up. this sounds more like the shakes. i recommend that you go ahead and lift it, then work on solving the problem. if you realign the front end after you lift it, chances are the shakes may go away.

yeah i think thats what i'm going to do. today i didnt get it till i was goingabout 120 but from 100 on when i hit a bump the front felt loose

this can be caused b numerous worn out components. Put you lift on and check all joints and bushings in the process. Anything that looks bad or worn replace, then align after the lift and have the tires balanced and everything should be better.

so i've driving the jeep at more highway speeds lately and i would say it is death wobble. when i hit about 120 the whole jeep feels like it gonna go out of control or fall apart. and the faster i go the worse it gets.

i can't believe someone recommended lifting a jeep to removed a deathwobble. the best fixes for a deathwobble are reinforcement. its caused by the steering box being mounted to a unibody frame, left unchecked will tear it out. go look at rustys and get a steering box support arm. i threw one on my xj with a 9" lift and i can hit 95mph+ without any movement from my truck

Back