• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

super swamper m16

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I dont know if this is being discussed yet(searched the term superswamper m16 and nothng came up)
http://www.intercotire.com/site111.php

They look like a do it all tire.....true all terrain.Problem is they only list two sizes available for a 15" rim.Wish they would have gone with more aggressive side lugs,though.

Last edited:
kind of cool looking, but like you stated, very limited in the size selection department. They kind of make me think of a train wreck between a Bogger and Mickey Thompson MTZ's

Looks like a Thornturd with the side lugs trimmed off.

No thanks.

Anyone planning on running these tires? Post up when you do. I'm guessing their performance will fall somewhere above a Thornturd or STS, somewhere below an US or SSR, and well below a TSL.

yea I was thinking that they kinda resemble a thornbird a little.They look more aggressive though.I think they would be a good tire for someone that wants an a/t but with better offroad performance.

They're not by any means in the same class as a tsl or ssr.They are supposed to be an allterrain tire on steroids...I'd say they will out perform the venerable bfg a/t's off road.

it looks like a bogger, and a thornturd had the sex and this was thier offspring...with a little too much DNA coming from the thornturd. i dont see this being much better off then a thornburd...just a show truck tire. look at the wheel sizes for it

fubar XJ said:
Looks like a Thornturd with the side lugs trimmed off.

No thanks.

Thornturd tread goes opposite direction, this is more like a baby bogger

it also looks like a modern take on the old military tires ,maybe were they got the name?

doesn't resemble a old military tire to me. old military tires were pretty much AG tires. the name probably comes from the "m16" round being molded into the side....but thats just my guess

It looks like a tow rig tire any way you slice it.

By the looks of the sizes and the fact that it's a radial they are probably going after the jacked up pick-up truck / mall cruiser crowd.

wishihad1 said:
doesn't resemble a old military tire to me. old military tires were pretty much AG tires. the name probably comes from the "m16" round being molded into the side....but thats just my guess

Well I have not seen any military with agricultural tires? But the pic below is what I was referring to, these tires were used on about everything years ago and I think this Swamper tire is a modern take on the old tire design
like this
307214670.jpg

this is a AG tire "to me"
SpecSureGrpTD8_350pGS.jpg

Last edited:
i just saw these tires on their site and i think they look like they could work decent offroad....

sipe em out in some spots and they could be awesome!

they look they theres a well balance in void/tread blocks i think they might work.

and yes it does look like they are goin after the bro dude dirtbikin toyhauler crowd offering them in these rim sizes up to 24".

depending on price i might have to take the fall on these. i always like trying new things. what if they work awesome and perform in the rocks as well as onroad? the next MTR maybe?

Back