• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor Mounts and Skidplates

ACME

NAXJA Forum User
We took our "new to us" '98 out to Parker for our second shakedown trip and now have 2 exploded stock motor mounts. The XJ is set up for mild wheeling not a tweaker rig or hardcore crawler. What do you guys suggest to replace the motor mounts with? Another set of stockers, MORE or any other aftermarket stuff? Since it's used for trail runs and exploring do we need to go with wahzoo aftermarket stuff, let me know what you guys think? We're also looking for gas tank and transfer case skids, any thoughts suggestions on those as well ??? Thanks!

Get the MORE mounts. I put those in after some bad stockers cost me a 3 core radiator. They're so much more solid than the stockers.

Look exactly like my daystar poly's. Have them in for a while now, no problems just some vibes.

replace with Stock / OEM motor mounts. They're cheap and are sufficient for mild wheeling and transmit NO vibes

cds36 said:
Look exactly like my daystar poly's. Have them in for a while now, no problems just some vibes.

I got the MORE's with the rubber inserts, only get mild vibes at idle.

cds36 said:

x2, look just like the daystar ones i have on my 89.

only vibed at idle and that only lasted a week or two. once poly mounts are "broken in", they no longer vib at idle. at least in my case.

Looking at both MORE and Daystar and read a few how to articles on the web... Any experience with either not fitting right in or other issues. I was going to go stock as stock always fits but if I can go stronger for a few bucks more why not as long as they fit w/o being a pain... Thanks for the input!

i have not had to replace the daystar mounts in the five years ive had them.

on my 89, i needed to take off the oil filter adapter to do the passenger side, which needed to come off because it needed an oring change. killed two birds with one stone.

for the drivers side, all you need to do is grind down the mount a little bit and it goes right in.

easy to do, if thats too tuff to do, ....

The M.O.R.E. mounts just pop right in and are great. They are pricey but they do not transmit as much vibration as poly mounts. I only have very slight vibes at idle only with the a/c on

Thanks for the input! I settled on the MORE rubber mounts. I figured I'd swap the trans mount at the same time, the guy at MORE suggested I use a new stock mount, anyone have any other recommendations or success/failure with any of the stock replacement brands? Thanks and keep the responses coming!

Just ordered skid row gas tank skid recently installed warn t\case skid also ordered diff skids off jason this morning.

Back