• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

herculine wheel wells?

cherokeeman90

NAXJA Forum User
alright guys i'm starting to geta litttttle rust in my wheel wells since i trimmed and took the liner out....
can you herculine the wheel well or will it look like crap...
if i shoulkdn't herculine what should i use to prevent rust from forming

ugh..the last thing i want to have to do is replace a quarter panel because rust ate it away

:dunno:

also make sure to remove any rust or the moisture will build up under the liner where you won't see it and then you'll have even bigger problems

They make ruberized wheel well liner thats spray on. In my opinion it would work better becasue it will dampen any sounds when your tires throw stuff up in there. Where as herculiner will be more dense and not have as much dampening effect. But I would go for it, I herculined the whole lower body lines of mine, works great. I'm getting ready to undercoat again this spring so it will probobly be bedliner again. it's magic!

i plan on doing this in the summer

has anyone pulled the rear cargo area carpet and herc'd that too?

I have personally ripped out my entire inner carpet and herculined the inside. I didn't re install my carpet though.I also herculined the rocker panels on the outside aswell as my flares(I accidentally got some on it while doing the rocker panels, so I just did it all. I am removing them soon and trimming my quarters soon anyway.) It is pretty easy to do. make so you clean and tape. There are the wires running to the shifter that are exposed so you have to deal with that, but I just put conduit over it and I don't even notice it.

I herc'd the whole interior.
CIMG1380.jpg

Back