• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H4 headlights low beams no go

tkjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Had the upgraded headlights for about a year now, last night the low beams are puking out on me. Hi is fine, I quickly checked the connections this morn, seems ok, is the headlight switch something that goes or should I be looking elsewhere? Any help would be appreciated. Yes the h4's were done as per GoJeeps write. So the wiring harness was upgraded and relays for the hi and low beams.

tk I had the same problem when I swapped the CTC H4 housings (Bosch)
I disconnected my day time running light module and everything works fine, that little sucker is tucked up in the passenger side of the firewall

Check the voltage to the headlights adn trace the wires to where it starts to lose voltage.

just my .02

tkjeeper said:
Had the upgraded headlights for about a year now, last night the low beams are puking out on me. Hi is fine, I quickly checked the connections this morn, seems ok, is the headlight switch something that goes or should I be looking elsewhere? Any help would be appreciated. Yes the h4's were done as per GoJeeps write. So the wiring harness was upgraded and relays for the hi and low beams.

When mine went out, it was the dimmer switch. I pulled it and ran a jumper and the lows worked. Replaced it and all is well again.

I hear you Jroc, but I have a jumper wire on the drl module so that I could see when my hi beams were on. That was redone recently when I had to do the blower motor....hey that could be the problem, # 1 on the list.
I will be checking the power and following that route if it's nothing obvious. I'm gonna check the relay first, is it common for relays to go? And can someone tell me how to check a relay. I have 30 amp 5 pin relays, one to the hi beams and one to the lows.

Found the problem guys. Changed the relay, it was fine, checked the drl module not it, I checked the connection where I tied the new wiring into the original headlight plug and the low beam wire was rotted right off in the plug. I mean nothing left but green dust!! Amazing! Now that I have the Oxguard, thanks to 5-90, I will fix this permanently. Thanks for the replies all.

tkjeeper said:
Found the problem guys. Changed the relay, it was fine, checked the drl module not it, I checked the connection where I tied the new wiring into the original headlight plug and the low beam wire was rotted right off in the plug. I mean nothing left but green dust!! Amazing! Now that I have the Oxguard, thanks to 5-90, I will fix this permanently. Thanks for the replies all.

Were is the relay located?

Look up, I located the problem, solved. When I converted to h4's I put a relay under the hood, 1 for hi, 1 for lo.Thanks guys.

Back