• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O Rings for Oil Filter Adapter. Need Help

phreaker76

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know the size and diameter of the oil fliter adapter O Rings for that pain in the ... leak around the adapter? I can't get the info from the local heep dealer. I want to order the Vitron 75 so I don't have to replace these thing again in 40,000 miles.

Buy the o-rings from the dealer. They only cost a few bucks. That way, with them in hand, it'll be easier to compare.

ok give this a try...
3300-2970 is .80"
3300-2971 is 1.30"
3300-2972 is 2.48"

or just get the kit # 4720-363

These are old numbers so I am sure they might supersede to new ones..

be prepared to get the wrong ones from the dealer too. So Make sure you get the kit. The guy at the dealership kept pulling 1 ring out at a time and they were the wrong size

I got mine from Discount auto cost me a hole 87 cents. But they had to special order it so took a couple days.

djblade311 said:
be prepared to get the wrong ones from the dealer too. So Make sure you get the kit. The guy at the dealership kept pulling 1 ring out at a time and they were the wrong size

There are two different kits, not sure the cut off year nor the p/n's and too drunk to care, but the O rings on my 2000 were different than the O rings on my 1988.

Thanks for the help. I guess i'll have to buy the kit then send it off to the company and have them match them up. Any ideas of where to get Vitron O Rings locally?

Clean-RC said:
ok give this a try...
3300-2970 is .80"
3300-2971 is 1.30"
3300-2972 is 2.48"

or just get the kit # 4720-363

These are old numbers so I am sure they might supersede to new ones..
Just bought a set two weeks ago and the kit had the same part number. The list price is $6.05 and I paid $2.96 for all three.

These are not hard to change once you have the right tools. I cut off a T-60 socket and a 13mm box end fits on it perfect. From the top of the engine bay with a cheater pipe, it's a 15 minute job.

phreaker76 said:
Thanks for the help. I guess i'll have to buy the kit then send it off to the company and have them match them up. Any ideas of where to get Vitron O Rings locally?
o-rings and things in fontana its basicly all they sell

got mine from the dealer $2.13, they had one in stock

I'm wondering about the o ring set. I've gone to advance auto, auto zone, oreilly's and every single one of them for the oil filter adapter o ring kit it is only one o ring that looks about 2". Everyone talks about how to change them and having to use/make a torx head to remove the bolt and get into it but on my 92 sport it's your typical 6 sided head bolt and looks to be the original from the factory as it's in the same condition as everything else. So does anyone know if in the 92's it's still the 3 ring set or did it change to a regular bolt and only one ring when jeep might have realized the PITA with the torx bolt design?

Same here, all the parts stores only carried the outside one, had to go to the dealer to get the set of 3. Your 92 should have 3 rings also, newer XJs have the torx head.

Ok, boy am I glad I own an older model with a normal bolt to make it easier. Right now it's not leaking at all but was wondering about it just in case one day she decides to start leaking on me.

Back