• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

...silly swaybar...

so after neglecting my little "thump" up front...this caught my eye the other day...

2274060350063879759S600x600Q85.jpg

a closer look...

2089829590063879759S600x600Q85.jpg

the other side is still connected...how detrimental will this be in the short-term??

well if you are planning on continuing running like that i would take the link off as to prevent damage.

Why not just get a new bolt and reconnect it?

-Kyle

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think it's going to need a whole new link...

...unless there's some sort of magical way that "bolt" separates from the link that i don't know about

:dunno:

it does not magically connect, I broke mine while taking them off to replace, its toast. Also, probly not a great idea to drive around like that...front sway bar and all is kinda important to vehicle stability....

as long as your jeep doesn't roll over I don't see any long term damage....unless you get the swaybar caught in the spring and bend it or the other link....

pick and pull a new one....how feaseable would it be to drill out the shaft of the link, tap it and put in a bolt? I wouldn't drive too far too fast with that...

theNAST1EST said:
i figured that much...i just didn't know if kyle had some insider information to share

any ideas for what to do with it in the meantime?

correct you need a new link, im a bit tired.

as for what to do, as stated i would get rid of it and keep the other one connected. your swaybar will be ineffective but it wont be flopping around as you drive.

NOTE: be cautious driving without a swaybar it will handle differently. and for the fix. Just go grab another one from the JY.

-Kyle

I twisted mine off when making quick disconnects. Just got a new bolt, cut the head off, and welded it in place using 2 trolling motor batteries.

drive carefully to your local Advance and cough up the $25.00 for a new one-- I'm assuming they are/were still stock length. If so, it ain't even worth tryin' to fix.

I got new endlinks from Auto Zone for $12 each. They are cheap enough that you should just get a new one and not bother with a JY.

srimes said:
I twisted mine off when making quick disconnects. Just got a new bolt, cut the head off, and welded it in place using 2 trolling motor batteries.

...in the woods, in the driving rain and 45mph winds, lightning and thunder, in 2 feet of mud...what a true jeeper, haha, "I have tools, I can fix that!"

Back