• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BRAKE PEDAL GOES TO THE FLOOR

denali_on_26's

NAXJA Forum User
Its an 89xj 4.0L auto
i have bleed the brakes twice and no air has came out eighther time. what it is doing is it will go to the floor then it starts applying the brakes at about an inch before it is fully depressed but i can push it all the way and it will stop a little better but not good enough to be driving in town with 33" boggers..lol

if i am on a trail i can fully engage the brakes and the front tires will barely lock in loose sand or mud...

i ave tried pumping the brakes and it really does no better.... what could this be

could try gravity bleeding or keep bleeding.

could have got air in the master. has the master even gone dry while your bleeding.

i would look into the wj booster and master swap on an 89 with 33's. i did to my 89 with 31's and it stops on a dime.

also try adjusting the rear drums, perhaps you have no shoes left, or they are too far out...

sorry but i'm new to the jeep word...lol

what is a WJ?

also i will try adj. rears

i have never had it go dry but the brakes were like this before i got it.... how do i fix it if it has air in the master?

have you considered that the master cylinder may be bad? Gravity bleeding is letting the line open and letting gravity "blled"(pull the fluid) down through the lines

Back