• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My .02 cents worth on tires...

mopar440

NAXJA Forum User
:sunshine: Been there, done that... have had some experience with tire-choosing... from tires for the Pumpkin ('74 Ramcharger 6" lift) to tires for the YJ ( 2" body lift, tons o' flex)... seems to me that alot of guys here are looking to get the most bang for the buck, and a few like me want to keep thier XJ's driveable but 'wheelable and not have to break the bank ( I know JEEP means Just Empty Every Pocket ), but for the time being, I'm on the cheap!!!

Picked up a set of these http://www.tyres4u.com.au/brandselector_doc-gtprodsaveromt_img-gt_show.aspx at the local Tire Factory, mounted and balanced last year for $440.00... had 'em on my YJ, and threw 'em on the Pumpkin when the YJ went away... LOVE this tire... they come in 31/10.50/15 and 33/10.50/15, are a six-ply radial, and do everything I want them to... air down to 12 psi and hit the sand or mud or rocks... they like the snow, too... have not had a single issue with them on the Pumpkin, and it weighs alot more than the XJ... mine are 31's and will be going on the XJ in a few weeks, as I'm going to throw my 35" Mud Rovers back on the Pumpkin for good...

Just thought I'd give sort of a testimonial on these tires... yeah, they may be made in Indonesia, and they aren't IROKs or 'Swampers, but they sure get 'er done for the money... I've done some research and they are real popular in Europe on Land Rovers and the like... the Aussies seem to go for 'em, too...

Back