• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re 4.5 lift question

ebyrd10000

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Re 4.5 super flex lift with 31" tires i am about to go to 33" tires and would like to increase my lift about 1" to 1.5" any ideas on the best way to do it?

Nope, the best way would be to switch with my RE 3.5 Superflex...it gives 4 inches!!!!

coil spring spacer in the front and lift schackle in the rear, for that much lift your shocks should still be good, just adjust your trackbar out a little further and check the front end alignment. You may also need to adjust the rear pinion angle with some shims.

chopperdog said:
coil spring spacer in the front and lift schackle in the rear, for that much lift your shocks should still be good, just adjust your trackbar out a little further and check the front end alignment. You may also need to adjust the rear pinion angle with some shims.

im not sure but i think the 4.5 kit uses 3.5 leaves and shackle so he cant do that.

it does use the 3.5 leafs with 5'' shackles iwas looking at maybe longer shackles just not sure about that and where to buy them also

chopperdog said:
or just trim the fenders and leave it at 4.5

Right on you dont need to add any lift to run 33"s with your lift. I run 33"s with my 4.5" lift and there are plenty of people out there that run 35"s with that much lift. Just trim a little and bumstop you'll be fine.

gradysjeep said:
Right on you dont need to add any lift to run 33"s with your lift. I run 33"s with my 4.5" lift and there are plenty of people out there that run 35"s with that much lift. Just trim a little and bumstop you'll be fine.

I run 33's with the RE 4.5, bumpstop, NO TRIMMING at all. Though my front flares came off, but thats another story....

Back