• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension Rebuild + Lift

twoksl2

NAXJA Forum User
well... the jeep pretty much needs the suspension replaced. i'm definitally going to do the shocks and "soft bits". so, i'm looking at the energy suspension poly master kit. and still researching lifts. i think that i'm leaning toward the RE 2" budget lift with AAL b/c it comes with the shocks too.
does anyone do an suspension "kit"? that comes with shocks, springs bushings ect??

i really just want a small lift, 2" or so. i don't really want to deal with a sye or x-fer case drop at this time. and i don't really want to use junkyard parts either. if i'm replacing stuff cause its work out, i don't want to put more old stuff in there.

please critique my plans, offer suggestions, alternate products.

thanks

chris

my first post in mod-tech... yaay

as far as bushings go for all suspension components, take a look at www.quadratec.com on the left of the page is a list of different links. click on replacement parts. you should find all the parts you need there. not to bad prices either.

FYI: dont go with poly on suspension parts that hold the wieght of the truck, ie: leaf spring bushings, shackles, control arms. poly is ok for sway bars and such, that dont have a direct effect on ride quality when hitting bumps in the road. sway bars will only be effective when turning, so poly in them will help to make the truck to roll less when hitting those corners at 55mph. like a drift racer.............lol

stay with factory rubber bushings, thats why they used those parts. might not last as long as poly i think, but much better ride quality.

twoksl2 said:
well... the jeep pretty much needs the suspension replaced. i'm definitally going to do the shocks and "soft bits". so, i'm looking at the energy suspension poly master kit. and still researching lifts. i think that i'm leaning toward the RE 2" budget lift with AAL b/c it comes with the shocks too.
does anyone do an suspension "kit"? that comes with shocks, springs bushings ect??

i really just want a small lift, 2" or so. i don't really want to deal with a sye or x-fer case drop at this time. and i don't really want to use junkyard parts either. if i'm replacing stuff cause its work out, i don't want to put more old stuff in there.

please critique my plans, offer suggestions, alternate products.

thanks

chris

my first post in mod-tech... yaay
Dealing with a transfercase drop? Its VERY simple. Plus you may need one even at 2 inches.

Back