• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's ripped off CA brackets?

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
How many of you guys have ripped off your stock bracketry (I know it's not a word) on your rigs? I know most of you guys are LA'd etc etc. but before you got to that stage?

The reason I am asking is because there is a guy on a local board that unfortunately destroyed his ZJ LCA mounts (frame side), literally tore the frame rail out. I don't have pics but this was done on a short arm lift with 33's

How can this area be significantly strengthened before it destroys itself from metal fatigue?

Obviously a jeep speed style reinforcement would work for this but what about for the material under the mount? I don't think the brackets tie into the mount itself either (something I would rather try and do)

At that point would it just be better to sawzall the factory mounts off and plate/box the area?

I realize I could skip all this and run long arms but I don't feel like building them just yet

ZJ's are POS's. I had a friend rip one of his control arm brackets off, he's gone through about 4 ZJs so far.

The control arm brackets on the axle are going to fail before the frame mount ones. Ask me how I know.

They make heavier duty LCA mounts for the axle side. I would recommend buying those and while the stock ones were off beefing up the frame in that area. I am not sure but I think I seen a set that actually came with a channel that after you removed the old ones you slid it over the frame rail and welded it in place and could run a bolt through also for alittle extra confindence. I will try finding the page for you. I have to weld both my stock ones up two times, I have been lucky enough not to rip one off yet and havent had the money to make my own or buy the upgraded ones.

Back