• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front bump stop question

JEEPSPEEDRCR

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 xj w/ the full-traction 6in long arm up front, fox resi's. w/ daystar bump stop extension and coil spacer. On my last trip i broke the bump stop and after cycling my suspension i found that the bump isn't hitting the pad fully because of the trackbar pulling the axle to the right. only half of the rubber bump hits the axle pad. what should i do to avoid this? any other ways to mount the bumps? I use the jeep for prerunning and no crawling.
thanks
-gatlan

any ideas?? I know that the track is almost perfect, it may be off just a lil bit but i wouldn't think that that is causing the problem.

Add some hockey pucks or simlar bumpstops to the spring pad on the axle mount.

How much bump stop height you running? If more than 5" I can see extending the upper but on my setup it would catch the coils and be more of a problem than anything. You could offset the axle a little to help them contact but watch out for the pinion yoke to exhaust clearance. 2 ways I see to solve the problem is to either flatten out the track bar arc (raise axle end or lower frame end) which would require modifiying the steering, or 'move' the upper bump stop extension so it contacts properly.

Back