• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a pic: Rear Dana 35 drum brake assembly

tgoff

NAXJA Forum User
On both sides some pieces fell out before I could see how they were put together. I figured it out but I need to see how the bottom spring, adjuster, that tab and cable fit together. A nice picture would be great. 86 so no ABS.

0900823d80154668.gif

0900823d80154667rr.gif

OK I think I had it together right. My problem is my bottom shoe spring that goes to the adjustor lever and the adjustor cable are too loose and will not stay together. A picture of an assembled set up on the jeep would be excellent. Thanks for the help.

Another note, sorry I missed the edit. My left and right sides have the same self adjusting style set up. Its like the left rear of the diagram shown. I just can't seem to get it tight enough for it all to stay together.

shoes are the right size went and bought new hardware and all the same as old. bottom spring that attaches to self adjustor lever is not tight at all need help and where I have gone wrong.

tgoff said:
shoes are the right size went and bought new hardware and all the same as old. bottom spring that attaches to self adjustor lever is not tight at all need help and where I have gone wrong.

Then show us a picture of what you have a problem with.

Back