• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ox Locker Gear oil?

Begster

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I searched, and after about 20 something pages, I found very little.

I'm going to be putting my rear d44 in that has an Ox locker in it. I checked through the OX website, and the manual, and it doesn't have any recommendations on gear oil.

I know some applications require special additives, what gear oil should I run now with this locker?

I stopped by Autozone tonight, and they were low on supplies, they only had 85-140 Lucas gear oil.

Gears dont really care,LSD's do,other than that run what your gear manufacturer/or OEM recomends!,they should be the same or close!

The question would be why,you live in a cold climate zone,so getting the fluid up to temp would be a real challenge!

Begster said:
What about 85w-140, would this be a problem?
If thats what you have then put it in. It's all real close to the same but 85w-140 has more addatives to control viscocity at a wider range of operating temps. Like in a manual transmission that bolts to an engine. It won't hurt a thing except it costs more.

Back