• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys or RE?

EvanH

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking into a 3-3.5" lift and was wondering if I should go with the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]3" Spring Pack Kit from rusty's or save a little bit more and go with the RE6030 kit? I am just starting off with my first build so I was wondering if it would make that much of a difference?[/SIZE][/FONT]

I just bought rusty's 3" full spring pack.... either lift you buy be prepared...theres a lot more to it then what just comes with the pack
heres some stuff i recommend buying....
-Jks Quicker discos
-Steering stabilizer
-adjustable trac-bar (not rusty's go RE)
-T-case drop
-Atleast lower adjustable control arms uppers also if you got the loot
-You don't need to buy the brake line extension there are some holes near your exsisting brake lines that you can move your brakets to and enough line that puls out for you to be okay with stock
-Deffinitly go full sping pack on either lift AAL blows my cusuine has the rustys 3.5 with AAl and it rides like a sherman tank

a buddy of mine owns a local cherokee offroad garage and helped me with most of the stuff...

Every XJ is a different creature. Some need them at 3"...some don't (more with the 97+ XJ's). I went ahead and got a t-case drop for my 3.5 RE lift (RE 6030). I'm working on putting it in this weekend....hopefully i can give you a report as to whether or not mine needed it by Monday :D.

Edit: They're cheap enough...i'd say go ahead and get it just in case.

you won't need sye at 3" of lift especially if you buy a tcase drop 3" is not putting your driveshafts at to much of an extreme angle..

with those kits u want your going to be able to ride 31s with no trimming and 32s with some trimming.. some guys on here will tell you to regear for 31s some say its okay.. same with sye vs tcase drop... every cherokee is different and so is the driver maybe you can stand a sh** load of driveline vibes then you dont have to do anything to the dshaft if its to much for u then tcase drop it or sye... tires are the same thing if yourriding 31s and you feel like your xj is killin itself to go regear but you should be gravy rockin only 31s

Good deal, I just ordered 31" Kumho Venture MT's and I am putting them on my stock (for now) XJ. I have read that there should be no problems putting them on a stock suspension.

Oh yeah, what are jks quicker discos, I am very noobish :<

Also... can you give me some suggestions on brands. I would like quality parts but I am just starting out at this and I don't want to go all out on top of the line shit. Is there any way I could get quality at a price I can afford =D

Last edited:
They are swaybar disconnects, JKS is the brand.

In general, try searching, this subject has been covered A LOT!

So all of them items listed above by LilRhodyXJ are pretty much musts when I get my lift? Are they things I can put off til later or do I have to get them when I get my lift?

No, with the 3" kit you can safely add to it as you go. The t/case drop is most likely going to be needed if you are '96 or newer, trac bar would be nice but you can add later (wait a while so you will know if you are going to have inchitis and want to go higher soon) - same for disconnects as both are determined by lift height. I also recently got Rusty's 3" full pack kit and am happy with it although I'm going to bring the front up a bit to match the rear which is at 4" after settling. The RE kit does come with lower arms which would be nice but can be added later (and reccommended - much stronger, adjustable lowers are not necessary as lowers can be shimmed). 31's will work fine at 3" of lift but I think they will be a problem if you try to use them at stock height. Hope this helps some.

Mike

ur going to want to get sway bar disconnects right away because 3" is going to stretch your stock ones pretty far and put them at a whacked out angle... steering stab u can wait on, adjustable trac bar you can wait on..but mind you that when you lift, especially yours because its a newer one like mine the tow in, possibly camber angle, and alignment are going to be all screwed up so the adjustable trac bar helps that.... t case drop you can wait on escpecially since your rockin a 3"... lower control arms are a good idea to get quick too because (your not going to experience it to bad) if you have the stock lcas sometimes your ride can be extremely comprimised because your lcas are goign to be at such an extreme angle that your wheel is goign to take more time to go up and in your wheel well and it might hit hard on bumps

Adjustable trac bar i recomend RE
Steering stab i recomend Old Man Emu
sway bar discos, no other way to go but JKS
i found some good deals and bargains at offroadtoystore.com

o and to your 31s will be fine at stock height comment i put a bigger tire not quite a 31 on my stock height.. 4 bfg ats for 100 dollars from the neighbor i had to do it ya kno... but i blew my two back right fenders off when i was wheelin and i had some pretty bad rub at tight turns.... just trim a little if you want or save thse bad boys for when your lift comes

any other questions?

Last edited:
Back