• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator ??

sublime600

NAXJA Forum User
So I found were my coolant leak is coming from. Both sides of the radiator are leaking. Pressure test helped with diagnosis. So my question is there are two different radiators. One heavy duty cooling one normal. How do I tell which one I have? Are there any good aftermarket ones? Thanks! Its a 2001 Cherokee 4.0L I-6 4x4

Theres lots of post on cooling system upgrades etc... search around.

But imo id get an HD 3-row CSF from www.dpg.offroad. Mine works like a charm.

x2 on the 3 row CSF from Dirk at DPG. they are all metal. most of the OEM replacements you'll find have plastic end tanks....which leak, exactly the way yours is now.

Yeah thats exactly the problem leaking from the plastic tanks. Im gong to replace pretty much the whole cooling system. Will a lower temp t-Stat give me any CEL codes or anything? I know OEM is 195 i was thinking 180.

I run a 180 with a flow-kooler hi-flow pump. works fine for me, but I normally live in NM and its hot as hell there most of the year.

Being in NJ, I'd honestly stick with a 195. If you get that all metal 3 row, it will help your cooling just fine. you can look into getting a higher flowing t-stat and housing, and a high flow pump too....get some hood vents as well.

Last edited:
Yeah dont swap your thermo for a lower one, stick with a 195* you'll be fine.

my CSF 3-row is awsome... idle is around 180* driving is 195*... it hasn't hit 200* yet!!! i have 2 electic fans and no clutch fan
got it from radiator.com $182 shipped to me

Back