• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

floor pan update....

dizzymac

NAXJA Forum User
As I stated the other day I have my XJ sitting on 6 jack stands while doing the floor pan(s). When I cut the pass/drivers floor out the other day I noticed that the drvr. side bulged out a couple of inches. No biggy, will pull it back in.
HOWEVER...I went to open the drvrs. door today and the door was hitting the fender and wouldn't open all the way. I tried pushing the side back in but that didn't work. When I looked at the gap around the door there was hardly any towards the front and down low??? I did not put stands under the rear bumper area, I have the diff. out so I figured I wouldn't need them.
If I grab the rear and pick up the door gap opens up somewhat,so now I know where the prob is. To much weight hanging off the back, you can actually see the frame rails flex when you pick up on the rear. So all those little tiny spot welds do make a diff.
I'm gonna have to measure everything up and get it all square b-4 I start tacking the pan (which is not going at all like I planned...lol)
SO if your'e doing full pan replacement, remember....support...support support and measure b-4 you cut anything, and get rid of excess weight you may have in the rear, I had tools and my spare on the roof....DUH !

Back