• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission swap wiring question

I am currently in the process of swapping a 95 AW4 into my peugot equipped 88 cherokee. I am finishing up the wiring portion of it, but cannot figure out where two of the wires in the 95 harness connect to.

The two wires in question are a black one with red stripe and a black with yellow stripe. These wires are on the plug which also has the solenoid and output speed sensor wires.

Also a slightly unrelated question. When did the style of slip yoke change from the longer cone shaped yoke in my 88 to the shorter style with the rubber boot like my 99 has? I thought that happened in 96, but this 95 has the newer style. The transmission also has a 95 on the ID tag, which I assume means it is actually a 95 model?

Thanks
Adam

Black with red stripe and yellow with red stripe are the 4X indicator lamp wires.

Black with red stripe and yellow with red stripe are the 4X indicator lamp wires.

28sxb4m.png

awspence said:
Also a slightly unrelated question. When did the style of slip yoke change from the longer cone shaped yoke in my 88 to the shorter style with the rubber boot like my 99 has? I thought that happened in 96, but this 95 has the newer style. The transmission also has a 95 on the ID tag, which I assume means it is actually a 95 model?

Thanks
Adam
I'm pretty sure the 96 model year is right, but remember that the model year and calendar year are not always the same. The build date is what's on the transmission. My 01 XJ AW4 was built in 2000. Sounds like you have a 96 AW4 to me.

Back