• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ADDING TO A 3" LIFT

91jeepster

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 XJ and will soon be putting on a 3" lift. Can I also use Budget Booster spacers and rear shackles like on a 2" lift. Is this at all possible or even logical? I just don't want to pay $600 for a lift. Thanks a bunch.

that would put you at 5 inches or so. so here's what all you'd need if you don't have it; s.y.e., longer shocks, brakelines, trac bar, upper and lower control arms, so there are a few things you'd need. 4.5 inches puts you at the max for your stock upper control arms. lowers should be done past 3 inches and the same with trac bar. you might get to 4.5 inches without a s.y.e. but any higher and you don't want to risk it.

unless they are adjustable, yes. your shocks will need to be longer than a 3 inch lift shock too and if it comes with a s.y.e. that's cool, if not, you'll need one. so longer shocks, and adjustable control arms and adjustable trac bar. the difference in lifts 3 inches to 4.5 and above are great. 3 inches puts you at the max for everything so they only give you what you absolutely need. it's better and cheaper in the long run to get the bigger lift first.

you should be able to do a transfer case drop instead of sye that would save you alot of money. what lift are you buying? i have a procomp 3" lift with 2" bb but did a basterd pack and shackles for the rear and have no problems but rides alittle rough.

i did a thread just like this not too long ago. from what i found, basically when you have 3", and you want to go to 5" or so... it gets REALLY involved above 3"...trac bars, control arms, SYE, etc= $$$$
my $.02.

actually did this same thing on a buddy of mines xj. he had 3" and we did the 2"bb. Bought new shocks, lower arms, a trackbar relocation bracket and made a transfer case drop bracket. Rides a little rough, but i guess it just depends on what kind of driving your doing. I plan on doing the same to mine to clear 34s.

Back