• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about Hi Country Tow Hook Brackets

Rob Mayercik

NAXJA Member #920
NAXJA Member
Hey all -

I have found myself in possession of a full Hi Country Offroad tow hook kit with D-Ring mounts. I got it by way of using a gift certificate to a Jeep dealer.

I had planned on just getting the D-ring brackets and a pair of shackles to replace the hooks on my Rusty's brackets, but ended up with the frame bracket kit as well.

My Rusty's brackets have been on my truck for over 5 years, and have served well. Unfortunately, they've been bent a couple of times, and straightened at least once. I got to thinking that I might be starting to embrittle them, and got to thinking that since I had these shiny new Hi Country frame brackets, I might just swap over to them instead of just bolting the shackle mounts to the Rusty's brackets.

I've already read the existing thread on this product(http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=921733&highlight=hi+country+tow+hook+brackets), but only saw one or two folks who had actually have this kit installed. Of course, it's been a month or two since that thread was active, so I thought a fresh thread might be in order.

Is anyone else using these? They look like they'd be ok (and it almost looks like the d/s bracket might actually double as a steering box brac), but I'm interested in real-world experience, if anyone has any.

Thanks,

Rob

Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

Interesting read, thanks for the link.

Back