• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IPF fog light option

MadPikAvenger

NAXJA Forum User
So I searched and didn't come up with much. I have an 01 XJ with factory fog lights, which have been nothing but trouble so I'm looking for a replacement. Being a designated fog light is not a necessity, but fitting in the stock location is. In fact, I would prefer something more like a driving light than a fog light. From searching I came across the IPF 868's and they seem like they'd be a good all around light. Will they fit in the stock location? Does anyone have any experience with them or suggestions on other good choices?

Thanks.

*edit*

In a typical n00b move I forgot a link to the lights http://www.quadratec.com/products/97017_500.htm

Welcome nooB
Those look rather large to fit in the stock location on the lower valance, I would say they will not fit. Personally, I think that is a bad location for lights anyway...how many of them do you see busted from stones, etc? A lot.
If you are going in the same location I would honestly look at the parts stores, they have some inexpensive lights that should fit- which I rigged up for my reverse lights.
Either that or go on top of the bumper, get some Hella or KC's and be done with it. Mine have held up very well on the stock bumper in the "old" stock location.

i would also say go with the top of the bumper.

those IPFs in your link will mount on top. although round lights IMO would look better.

Hella/KC/IPF/LightForce all make a good set of round lights for the top of the bumper.

hella 500's are cheap and have a good pattern. I like them alot, but the only thing is I would recommend going to rallylights.com and get the clear covers that snap on the help out alot and I think run about 15-20 for the pair. The nice thing about that site is they also have replacement lenses so if you do break one you can replace the lens fairly sheap as well

If you want a good deal on round IPF lights, Costco online has a great deal at $89.95 shipped for IPF 968's. I bought two sets and a lot of people on expedtionportal.com have had great luck with them.

As a bonus, the ones from Costco come with 55w and 100w bulbs.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11257314&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

264495LL.jpg

Back