• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

POP POP POP

cherokeeman90

NAXJA Forum User
thats what it sounds like when i go over small bumps or turn my wheel
WHAT IS CAUSING ALL THE POPPING?!?!?!?!
it's realllllllly annoying and i want to get it fixed now:flamemad: :bawl:

eric

Worn TREs, shocks. Lots of stuff.

turn up the music.

The sound you are describing is characteristic of a loose frame side trac bar mount, or a loose bolt on the axle end of the trac bar. Have someone turn the wheel back and forth while you watch those points from the front, you should find slack at one of the points....fix it.

HTH

I had a similar problem: it turned out that the bolts attaching my track bar bracket to the unibody were loose. tightened them up and it went away. Nothing like a 30 second fix.

can somone show me a picture of what a tracbar unibody looks like and what bolts i need to look for and tighten
cause i don't have a bracket on my trac bar cause my trac bar is a POS

The frame side is right behind the driver's side coil spring and towards the front a bit. There are two bolts on the outside edge and two nuts on the bottom of the sub-frame rail. They take 18 mm sockets. Torque them down real well. I torqued mine to spec, then had to tighten them again a week later. They are terrible on lifted XJs...

cherokeeman90 said:
can somone show me a picture of what a tracbar unibody looks like and what bolts i need to look for and tighten
cause i don't have a bracket on my trac bar cause my trac bar is a POS

take a picture of you track bar set up and post it. how could it not connect to a bracket on the frame? because my adjustable trackbar has a TRE, it pops when it needs to be lubed.

Back