• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I know someone has seen this set up (Flares)

macs97XJ

NAXJA Member #1247
Ok, I did a search last night, and moused my way thru 64 pages of info looking for this type of set-up. The reason I am looking for this set-up is to see how it will look and see if it will be worth the effort.

Set-up l am looking for: Any year XJ running a 3 inch lift
31's
W/ Bushwackers

I am currently sitting on a 3 inch lift, and really do not plan on getting anything bigger, but I like the looks of the wackers, and since my rig is no going to be a major rok/trail rig the money pits of the wackers would be ok.

What I am trying to see is: (1) How goofy would a rig look with this, since wackers cut out the wheel wells and would the 31's fill it in enough to not look TONKA?

I have been looking at the Rusty flares, but I cannot really feel the look of them.

Anyone have any thoughts? I like the 97 look of the flares, and thought about just relocating them a little higher.

Any other ideas on some other type of Flare other than the TJ Flare (been there done that on my 89)

Mac

IMGP0124.jpg

It's around 3.5 inches.

It cost me $110 for four used TJ flares from Olympic in Snohomish, and about four hours of effort to trim, drill, and mount them. If you have any skill with fab, it's an easy task. IIRC, Bushwackers are $400-500 for a set, and have a history of cracking the first time you bump a tree. Plus, they look bulbous and goofy.

IMO, modded TJ flares are the way to go. Plus, if you end up completely destroying one, it's like $25-30 to get another used one to replace it. Last I'd heard, Bushwacker won't sell individual flares, you have to buy a full set.

thats Bushit

FYI i got a set of charcoal grey (painted) TJ flares off craigslist for 50 bucks but they were the wider rubicon/sahara flare.

traded them to one of my members with a wrangler for some stock width flares and i'm good to go

not trying to hijack but

My tj flare side markers are in the mail!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fubar XJ said:
It cost me $110 for four used TJ flares from Olympic in Snohomish, and about four hours of effort to trim, drill, and mount them. If you have any skill with fab, it's an easy task. IIRC, Bushwackers are $400-500 for a set, and have a history of cracking the first time you bump a tree. Plus, they look bulbous and goofy.

IMO, modded TJ flares are the way to go. Plus, if you end up completely destroying one, it's like $25-30 to get another used one to replace it. Last I'd heard, Bushwacker won't sell individual flares, you have to buy a full set.

X2. I really like the look of TJ flares. I used to have YJ flares on mine that also worked. Some people liked it some didn't. I would have to search for some old photos but could e-mail them if you can't find others.

Michael

Rusty's offroad sells Tj flars for $90 a set and I don't think they're used. OEM? dunno...

fubar XJ said:

Back