• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help setting clock in overhead console

brianl

NAXJA Forum User
My neighbors are beginning to wonder why I am spending so much time in my driveway poking the roof in my 99 Cherokee Sport. It has the stock clock in the OH console with two buttons, a "step" button and an English/Metric button. Can somebody please tell me how to set the thing so I can move on to another project.

Welcome to the NAXJA forums with your 1st post.

In my 2000XJ, that's not exactly a clock. It's a timer, tells how much time you spent with your backside in the seat. Pressing and holding both buttons simultaneously will reset the whole console, time, trip OD average MPG and DTE = Distance To Empty. Keep depressing the buttons and I believe the seat belt chime will sound to let you know it's completed.

Or you can bring it to Moab in October and there will plenty of friendly people to demonstrate how to reset it.

that got me when I bought my XJ. I was messing with it for a while, read the manual, read the haynes, searched on the internet and finally found it was a timer.

Back