• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab!

Will fuel prices affect your Moab trip?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • No.

Votes: 65 85.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phil

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Will rising fuel costs affect your trip to Moab in any way? Going or not? Number of trails? The vehicle you take?

Not at all.
I commented to the Wife that Diesel is going to be $4.00 a gallon by the time we leave for Moab. Guess that means I'll have to put 4 inch exhaust and a tuner in my Powerstroke. Strictly for the economy increases of course.:firedevil
-Ryan

Not only no, but hell no. I've already budgeted for $4.00 a gallon gas. If gas isn't that high, it just means I've got more money to spend on beer.
:cheers:

If it was $5.00 a gallon I would still go. I am not about to stop living because gas is expensive!

As Randy said...plenty of time to plan accordingly.

Yes fuel prices will effect my trip to Moab.... but I'm going anyway.

This is one :party: I won't miss. I am scheduled to be out of work Sept 30th and I'm still going.

I didn't go to the Moab FF in 05 or 06 because gas was too high at ( OMG ) $2.50 per gallon. I am going in 08 if I have to eat PB&J for the whole week.

Tim_MN said:
I didn't go to the Moab FF in 05 or 06 because gas was too high at ( OMG ) $2.50 per gallon.

Last year when I was planning my 2+ week expedition through CO and UT, my mom asked me why I was planning such a long trip with a lot of driving with gas prices so high.

My answer was that I would kick myself for not doing it now when gas prices are $5+/gallon in a few years.

Gas prices can only go up.....so drive now before they really become cost prohibitive.

That's my 2 cents

I figure I want to be the broke guy that attended and had a good time than the broke guy sitting at home wondering how much fun is happening in Moab.

Boatwrench said:
I figure I want to be the broke guy that attended and had a good time than the broke guy sitting at home wondering how much fun is happening in Moab.

Me too!

The only thing fuel prices will effect is how much money I spend for the trip.

I'm going no matter what!! :D

Gas Prices are a non-issue.

I couldn't miss the 20th and I damn sure am not missing this one!!!:greensmok

Anyone have any info on all the trails they closed last November?:skull1:

Since I don't have far to drive, I may as well not worry about gas...:huh: :doh: . Actually there is 4 of us going so I'll only have to pay for a 1/4 of the gas...$200 at least. BTW if you see an old Red 87 Cherokee Chief with an Alabama tag on the side of I-70, he may need to borrow a gallon of gas :laugh3:

northern.jpg

Last edited:
We are booking our flights this week and I was horrified to find that they have gone up 50% since we last checked in January. I'm dreading getting a revised price quote for the sea freight. We are coming, even if I have to sell her TJ...

Back