• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Labarron turbo hood vent install

boomer1

NAXJA Forum User
Heres how I started.
I traced the back of each vent and cut out the paper.
(Make sure you write which side is which on the paper because they get confused really easy.)
ventdrawing2.jpg

We used a jigsaw to cut out the holes. (Make sure you use a lot of tape around it will rip the hood to pieces if you don’t)

ventdrawing.jpg

ventscut.jpg

This is how they sit
double.jpg

I used L brackets (like you would use to mount a shelf) measured to see how far the vent stuck through, bent them to make a Z, then used the rubber dip to cover them.
mounts.jpg

I went to the hardware store and got little nuts and bolts that fit the vent and bolted them together. I used lock nuts just so it wouldn’t have a chance to vibrate lose and I would get a vent into the windshield. Lol
vent2.jpg

this is the full vent after I mounted it. (sorry it snowed the day before I took these pictures thats why its all dotted)

Final
hood.jpg

If you need any more pictures or have any questions please send me a message on naxja Boomer1
Thanks
John

looks good, i'm trying to find those same vents. my local bone yards don't have any.

That looks good, John. Most vent installs end up looking a bit cheezy, but yours turned out nice and I like the low-profile look. You said those are from a Chrysler Labaron?

icewolf73 said:
I am curious, why didn't you move the vents closer tongether so that you didn't have to cut into the supports?

Its very very complacated...
I liked how it looked there!! lol :eeks1:

and if i remember right i divided the hood into thirds and thats where they landed.

very nice, I used mirror clipps that I got at the hardware store they worked perfectly, but never thought about a shelf bracket

Back