• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cross Enterprises Rear Shock Hoop

jaburk

NAXJA Forum User
I am seriously thinkg about getting this setup and was wondering about shock length and type of shock. I am currently running OME N36L shocks in the rear with a 3.5" RE lift. What length of shock would I need with the raised lower mounts and shock hoop? Would it be better to run HP gas charged mono tube shocks to compensate for the angle that the shocks will be mounted at? Thanks

I run the Full Traction long arm, and used the Cross Ent hoop, went with 8 inch 2.5 kings. I have about 11 inch of rear wheel travel but are fighting valving with the shocks because of there angle and the ratio created.

Here it is

IMG_1010.jpg

xcm said:
i thought the point of running shocks into the bed was for long travel? could you have fit 14s?
First off the shocks are not inside, the Cross hoop is mounted to the bottom, second you are not going to get much over 10-12 " of cycled wheel travel , but the reason for a 14inch shock is that if you were say prerunning your XJ, you will cook the crap out of a 8 inch shock, even though the angled shocks give me the 10 inches of travel its just going to get worked, thus the reason I use a 2.5 shock, it will somewhat help out. In the future I will cage the inside and run 14 or 16 inside. For now, the wife says no more!!!

FordGuy said:
First off the shocks are not inside, the Cross hoop is mounted to the bottom, second you are not going to get much over 10-12 " of cycled wheel travel , but the reason for a 14inch shock is that if you were say prerunning your XJ, you will cook the crap out of a 8 inch shock, even though the angled shocks give me the 10 inches of travel its just going to get worked, thus the reason I use a 2.5 shock, it will somewhat help out. In the future I will cage the inside and run 14 or 16 inside. For now, the wife says no more!!!

Dude, we need some serious pics of your ride......ok, I need some more pics of your ride. Seems like you have it very well setup. So where can we see some more pics!

Back