• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Springfield TRP review

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Wow... talk about a helluva handgun. It has a full steel frame with an accessory rail. Yup, you guessed it: it's on the heavier side of things BUT that is what makes it probably so amazing to shoot. The recoil feels like it's nearly non existant, and the followup shots group really nicely on the target.

The slide to frame fit is amazing. It's nice and tight without binding. The action feels really smooth and so does the trigger. The break is so crisp and smooth couple times the shot actually caught me off guard. I'll measure the trigger pull tonight to see what it is but my guess is that it's someplace closer to 4lbs then 4.5lbs.

Funny, I was looking at a kimber that looked exactly the same. I have someone interested in my 4" diamondback, once that $1400 comes thru it's defender and milt sparks iwb time and another .22 plinker.
I like the SA prices, I was going to get their 3" micro .45 or the 4" parkerized champion but it's been a mixed bag on reliability on the 3" and nobody has the 4" in stock, I'd have to wait for it some unknown length of time. From what the guy who owns the shop says SA, Kimber, Colt run in spurts.

The TRP looks like a nice pistol. Saw one last night behind the glass at the range. I like the look of those grips.

I picked up my Springfield blackend stainless Loaded Combat 1911 about a week ago. I already have 750 round through it.

standard.jpg

The sights are still a bit off, but I was able to hit this group at 7 yards.
standard.jpg

The Springfields give you lots of bang for the buck. If it wasn't for this 30 wait to buy another gun I would have bought another one already.

here's a pic
unbeh.jpg
. I'll be taking it to the range again tonight.

Shots at 50 feet group amazingly nice for me (way better then what I'm regularly used to ;)

If you want to get traumatized fire it from a machine rest, watch an entire magazine go thru the same hole, at that point you can now spend your entire life, bankaccount and range time attempting the same feat using your hands.
I did that with my cold cup, 25 yards, machine rest, 50 rounds, all went inside a nickel diameter.

Back