• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TIRE CARRIER ON MY 96

jeeperzcreeperz

NAXJA Forum User
Well i didn't want my 35 inside the jeep with me and I had already bought a rear bumper with a 2" reciver in the center with the unibody ties.
so I came up with this idea. Its made out of 1/4 wall 2x2 and braced with 1/4 plate.
It has almost 1k miles on it and hasn't moved at all. I still need to cut about 3/4 inch off of the jack to keep it above the bumper tho...

Before I got the spare mounted
IMG_1176.jpg

After I got it mounted
tirecarrier001.jpg

tirecarrier002.jpg

Last edited:
Shes still my DD, so I only use that for the trails. If I need to get in my rear hatch on the trail I have more to worry about that takin the spare off. It isn't to bad it came in at 114.7LBS with the carrier, tire and jack.

jeeperzcreeperz said:
Shes still my DD, so I only use that for the trails. If I need to get in my rear hatch on the trail I have more to worry about that takin the spare off. It isn't to bad it came in at 114.7LBS with the carrier, tire and jack.

You don't run a spare on the road?Hope you have AAA.

Been there,tried that!Receivers have to "loose" of a fit,that thing will move all over the place and drive you crazy with noise.Tried a rachet strap and it still moved around to much for me!

Back