• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper build

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
i started on my bumper today, my day off work so what else was there to do?, lol, well this is what it looks like so far, still got to get some more welds on it then clean it up and paint it up. but let me know what ya'll think
02-27-08_2059.jpg

i do plan on it, and i'm adding some aluminum d-plate to the corners, was thinking of a 2" reciever too. but thought it was to much,

It could use some cushions @ the grill, some pillows on the bumper, a lamp in the corner and a coffee table out front somewhere.

;)

cal said:
It could use some cushions @ the grill, some pillows on the bumper, a lamp in the corner and a coffee table out front somewhere.

;)
i cant see the bumper, someone put a snow plow in front of the jeep right where it blocks my view!!

I think it's a bit.....uh....big.
I also think it will kill your springs and shocks from all that weight.
It looks like it sticks out a foot from the grill...what are the specs?

Leave him alone. It is good to have a bumper that big... Just incase the dead come back to life and he needs to get out of town fast.

Well, at least he has the ability to erect something from scratch. I have to buy or at least buy large quanities of beet to feed the person creating what I bolt/strap to my jeep. Although, I am not going to flame this bumper, the comments about it made me squart a little piss out...I loved the fire truck bumper and plow comments.

Hell, it isn't much bigger then them ARB bastards, just tack a grill guard, and some light guards.
:peace:

I thought this was a Jeep forum...
I though it was function over form...

Go hang out on the mazda forum if you think it's all about looking pretty. This bumper looks like it'll hold up nicely and definitely win and protect the vehicle in an accident. Although I wouldn't put it on my Jeep, I often find myself wishing my bumper stuck out far enough to stand or kneel on.

Good work on making something for yourself and not just buying something. Looks like a good candidate for a winch though, seriously.

Although the zombie comment takes the cake....

i didnt have a winch around to see how big it was. after standing back and looking at it it looked a little big, but sticks out like 7.5 inches from the grill, i plan on getting a winch as soon as i can get a good deal on one, after i get oe mounted then i'll think about how to move it back, until then i'll just push trees with it, (maybe some tree huggers too) lol, also my main thing was to get used to my welder i just bought, and test out my skills with a oxyacetelene cuttin tourch.

ddeadserious said:
I thought this was a Jeep forum...
I though it was function over form...

Go hang out on the mazda forum if you think it's all about looking pretty.
But if you can make it look good and functional....

Something that would help a bit is to cut a pie wedge out of the bottom of the ends, bend up the bottom plate and taper them. Give you a little better approach angle at least on the sides.

As for as winches, keep an eye on e-Bay. I looked for about two weeks and bid on a couple (Warn) but the bidding went wild at the end. Then a Warn M8000 came up with a buy now price of $450 w/$50 shipping. I didn't bid, I bought.

Seriously take weight into considerations. That looks like it's made out of 3/8" channel. Your front is going to steer pretty funky if you put too much out there.

Back