• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to get "low washer fluid" light off?

Or you could just fix the problem. Im not sure if the sensor is normally closed or normally open, but you can just put a meter on the two wires on the sensor to test. Put the meter on continuity, or OHMS. Move the level switch up and down, and you should see a change on the meter, from open to closed or vice versa. If you dont, then either clean the switch or replace it. If you do, then you have a wiring problem somewhere else in the Jeep. Good Luck...

someone wants to fix something properly?! :shocked:

seriously though, most of the time the level sensor gets all gunked up with....stuff. try taking it out of the bottle and cleaning it with simple green, or something like that.

xwhatever of pulling the connector off the top. whats the use having a sensor? im under my hood enough to check it regularly anyways

convenience is nice. I know people that would have rigged something up to make a low washer fluid light in their car if it didnt have one in it already. not fixing it is lazy. i guess all you guys that just unplug that stuff also just scrape your dirty spark plugs off on the concrete and blow your oil filters our with a garden hose, right....

Just kidding, I just like having everything work right in my vehicle, especially nice convenient stuff....

the only thing i dislike about it is that when bouncing around off road, unless the reservoir is 100% full, the light blinks and flashes wildly. gets a little irritating after a few minutes, especially since it's the same color as the mil light.

If you want to "fix" it, check to make shure the foam float is still in the plastic cup... mine came unglued or whatever and always read "Low Washer" it's so simple it could be the problem, not as easy as unpluging or placing black electrical tape over the light...

Had the same problem, tried everything. Finally fixed it by just swapping to onther reservior.

Back