• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New lift new questions

CV95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
putting on the RE 5.5 LA kit, everythings going pretty good just waiting on the axles to be finished (getting 4.56's) Ive got a few things im a little worried about, I just finished putting up the 3 piece crossmember/ LA mounts and I have 2 extra brackets, and I don't know where they go. its kinda hard to describe what they look like, but I'll do my best from the top they look like this _____
/____/ they are U shaped from the side and they have 4 bolt holes 2 on each side. I have no idea where they go, and the instructions aren't very clear on it either.

Also, Im installing an Advance adapters SYE kit, I had a longer driveshaft from a parts cherokee but Im not sure if it will work because it is solid not a CV driveshaft, so In an effort to save money I am thinking about using a front cherokee driveshaft from a junkyard but Im not thrilled about that either because of how skinny the fron looks compared to the rear, any one that has used a front driveshaft in the rear have any comments on how strong it is or did it break the first time you went wheeling? or can I get away with using the solid driveshaft?

One more thing I want to use 4 rear TJ flares for fenders but Im having a really hard time finding a place to find 4 of them for a reasonable price, any suggestions?

thanks

CV95XJ said:
/____/ they are U shaped from the side and they have 4 bolt holes 2 on each side. I have no idea where they go, and the instructions aren't very clear on it either.
Those are swaybar relocation brackets. They relocate the swaybar mounts down to maintain the correct operating angles and forward to keep the swaybar ends out of the springs.

CV95XJ said:
In an effort to save money I am thinking about using a front cherokee driveshaft from a junkyard but Im not thrilled about that either because of how skinny the fron looks compared to the rear, any one that has used a front driveshaft in the rear have any comments on how strong it is or did it break the first time you went wheeling?
Use it. Just make sure the length works for your lift and that you won't compress it to the point that it breaks something.

Back