• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

06-07 Key Fob

CJCOffroad

NAXJA Forum User
Do you think it is possible to use the new one pice key/remote on an 00 cherokee? Do you think a dealership could program it?

I'm not sure whether it's compatible or not, but I will say this - after a number of years working for dealerships, even if it is compatible, you'll be hard-pressed to find a dealership that will touch it. Most of the time, if the dealership doesn't know for a fact that it will work (i.e. it comes up in their system as compatible), they will have nothing to do with it.

You're likely to have better luck at an experienced independant Jeep mechanic, I would think.

Different RF frequency. Older Jeep keyless entry systems use a lower frequency RF signal to operate than do the new stuff. Plus... the ignition key grove cut is different in your XJ from the new Chrysler stuff, so you would have to adapt key cylinders to make that key operate in your switch, which would then involve you changing your ignition harness in the XJ to low current, "no load" wiring like the new stuff uses.. and blah blah blah...

Not worth it

Back