• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bent Tierod normal?

Steelghost

NAXJA Forum User
Guys, I am trying to track down a shuddering that I am having while I am braking. The rotors are about a month old...but they are scored already..not sure what to make of that. Dont seem warped by my eye and straight edge. Anyways I am looking over all my steering components and I noticed my Tie Rod Tube is bent on one side. I got in a crash where I nailed a curb at about 20mph a few months ago. Only things that werent replaced were tierod and trac bar. Check these pics out and let me know if its normal or not.
DSC00413.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

Yeah the tie rod is to be stright. Bent is no good, often why people upgrade to thicker tube for that so not to get those little bends in it when hit something. So maybe replace that, you replace everything else so might as well do the rest. Track bar just check for slop in the tie rod end if sloppy then replace as well.

I can send you a replacement if you pay shipping.

lol! X2 on the camara holy )*$@... digital SLR? looks like you know how to use those aperture settings too :p but ya, tie rods are a pretty important steering/alignment component....You should probably upgrade it/pull one out of a parts yard to replace it.

I had the same bend. I straightened it out then welded angle iron to it to beef it up a bit. Thought I'd try that before I bought a new heavy duty one.

yea bent is no good... this is what happens when u stop ur truck with a tie rod against a rock

Photo_021808_001.jpg

I had the same bend. I straightened it out then welded angle iron to it to beef it up a bit. Thought I'd try that before I bought a new heavy duty one.

Thus why I have 2 etra in my garage ... i has a very slight bend, the other is perfect. They are going to the scrap yard if i don't find a home for them in about 72 hours.

Back