• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4WD won't stay engaged

twoksl2

NAXJA Forum User
i've had this jeep since august, and until today the 4wd has worked perfectly, of course, tonight, when its snowing like a bastard the 4wd won't stay engaged. it will engage, and the light turns on. i can definitely feel the difference in traction, then a little while later it will dis-engage. but the light stays on the entire time. is it possible that low vacuum will cause that?? or is there something else that i can look at.

thanks

-chris

wow, hm... when i get home from work tonight, i'm going to pull apart the vacuum lines and check and see if they're clear. i might also lock the disconnect until i can do something more perminant.

well I found the problem. One of the e clips was missing from the shaft. I'm gonna pick up a couple tomorrow and make it all better. Not sure where the missing one went. It was nowhere to be found. Hopefully it won't rear its head somewhere bad later.

meh, the aluminium one still looks alright, brand new actually and i don't wheel the jeep... yet. its not that big of a deal to ever take it apart and swap in a cast one.

the disconnect has 3 e-clips on the chaft for the vacuum actuator.one big one at the top and 2 smaller ones on each side of the fork. one of the small ones was no where to be found

yeah im sure it wont rear its head until you wheel. But then again, I broke it once stock on the road in the snow.

Oh and I went through 3 of those forks

Back