• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Washer fluid

dodo4bird

NAXJA Forum User
My rear washer fluid does not work on my 91 xj. Is there a seperate pump for the rear? my front works fine. The rear wiper works as well.

hot_rod_hooligans said:
could be a loose hose some where, my rear washer works but not the wiper, pulled the hose off so the Jeep can pee on Hummers, hehehehe.

haha thats a good time at red lights

As already stated, the pump is on the washer bottle for fluid. You can touch it and have someone else operate the rear washer to see if it buzzes \ vibrates \ operates. (Of course after figuring out which pump works the rear). On my 90 its the one closest to the drivers seat, but it may be different for the 91+. Since your front works, operate that first while touching the pumps... that will tell you which one is for the front... then common since tells you the other one is for the rear.
This will allow you to determine if its a faulty pump, or something wrong with your lines.
XBoBJ said:
Also good for a ass kicking...

Last edited:
Hah, yeah it is! Though I didn't take mine off on purpose! I'm not sure how it broke, but I think it may have happened when I was changing the rear wiper in a real hurry. Like at a stop sign. Don't ask, it was a weird day. I'm hoping I can repair it instead of replace it. I'm thinking if I can get Krazy Glue to hold it in place long enough, but without sealing the hole inside, and then cover the whole shebang with silicone, I might be ok. Got a quote for $75 for a replacement! I can do better than that.

XBoBJ said:

LittleRedXJ said:
Hah, yeah it is! Though I didn't take mine off on purpose! I'm not sure how it broke, but I think it may have happened when I was changing the rear wiper in a real hurry. Like at a stop sign. Don't ask, it was a weird day. I'm hoping I can repair it instead of replace it. I'm thinking if I can get Krazy Glue to hold it in place long enough, but without sealing the hole inside, and then cover the whole shebang with silicone, I might be ok. Got a quote for $75 for a replacement! I can do better than that.

Go to a pull-a-part junk yard. I doubt the part will cost you more than 10 dollars.

The part itself is only $12 from the dealer? I should check into that. I haven't found a good junkyard around here yet, I need to find one of those too, I just haven't been able to yet.

Is there anything tricky to the replacement?

MrE90jeep said:
I just replaced mine and from the dealer that was only $12

Back